Thursday, January 23, 2014


BREAKING AND ENTERING ..

I love this quote from LuxYoga - from an article talking about the art of moving into challenging yoga postures - but I thought it applies to life situations as well, and made me laugh out loud.

"Move one breath at a time and open from the inside out instead of trying to break into the pose like it's a locked apartment. Every blockage in your body deserves your breath, love and attention"

I am on the path of self actualization - I would like to become more "me" everyday.  That entails letting go of some habits and patterns that no longer serve me, and are at times harmful to my relationships.  I am guilty of trying to "break into" new habits, being impatient with myself and judgmental of my emotions, and lack of progress.  This quote was so helpful - and useful guide to how I should proceed.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! When we fight and try to force things in our life, it rarely comes off well. It is much easier to allow it to flow naturally, according to it's own course. You are right, it takes time and patience, but it is much more sustainable and fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathy - we are all works in progress - and though we can find compassion and patience for others - it is easy to forget to extend it to ourselves

    ReplyDelete