Monday, July 21, 2014

Love The One You're With

In order to get the body you want, you have to love the one you have today.

That is some sound advice, but when you are staring in the mirror - and not liking what you see, it can be hard to find a way to love the body you have.

I have been trying different ways to explain to my clients how this works, but not quite getting them to jump on board with the "love".

Now I think I got it!

This weekend I was cleaning my house, and thinking about how much I love this house.  I do not want to move - ever.  However, I noticed that the walls needed painting, the floors need to be refinished, and I would love to make some changes - adding french doors from the kitchen to the deck, and adding on a cozy den, with an upstairs library...

So my house isn't perfectly what I want for me and my family, but I love it and I am looking forward to making the changes to make it perfect.  If I didn't love this house, I would not want to invest the time and effort and money to make perfect (according to my vision).

This is how it works with loving your body you have now - recognizing that all the foundation elements are there.  There is no place to move to, but you have the option to make changes - change hair color, change diet, lose/gain weight.

So to begin the transformation start with this simple mantra: 
"Even though I _(fill in the thing that you find unsatisfactory)____, I totally love and respect myself.

Example, "Even though I did not exercise today as I planned, I totally love and respect myself."

So, love the one (body) you're with.



Let me know if this worked for you - leave a comment.

6 comments:

  1. Good article, simple and fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! I love using the house analogy. Another analogy I use often is the marathon one: you are at the start line, the finish line is far, there are many miles in-between. Often we want to jump from the start line to the finish line right away. Often we are in ignorance where we are at (at the start line) and how much we have to go. We also think that the finish line will be perfection: but guess what, there is a cool down, sore legs, new training, next races, re-fuel, relaxing - so much joy, challenges, the journey continues. This is the point: it's a journey. But we can only start where we are at so we need accept our starting point, accept it, embrace it and love it to move forward :)
    xx Kat
    www.happyhealthy365.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mantras, much more than just positive thinking. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete